Changing Landscape of Technical Infrastructure, continued
- New players in fundamental IT infrastructure:
Amazon, Google, Sun, Yahoo, or
local businesses who can provide server, applications, and services
- New options: outsource (without charge) book presentation and
sales to Google Book Search, Amazon, etc.
- New options: purchase/use services (Book
Treasurehouse for online catalog, Lulu, for print on demand.
- New options: purchase in-house solutions, by using offshore programmers
- New options: partner with Ebrary, NetLibrary, etc.
- New options: build own Spanish-language consortium/collective like the above